This is the time when we should all be focusing on maintaining our gains and staying in shape more than other things. The COVID 19 virus has isolated us from the outer world but be sure you don’t let this to get to you. We are in this together and we will be here for each other. This is what help us get through these tough times, staying mentally strong. Meditate, stay focused and don’t forget to get your body moving. Don’t stop at nothing. Stay safe and Stay strong and remember, Practice Social Distancing. Stop the Spread of the virus.
This chair workout for legs will give your lower body and amazing workout to tone and tighten your butt and thighs.
- Movement – Chair Squats
- Recommended Reps – 15 to 25 per set
- Number of Sets – 5
- Rest between sets – 60 Seconds
Body Parts Targeted
- Abs (midsection),
- Glutes (butt),
- Hamstrings (back of thigh),
Start off with a five-minute warm-up. Walk, march in place; do anything that increases blood flow to the lower body.
- Sit on the front half of the chair seat, feet on the floor. Engage your abdominal muscles, lean forward slightly.
- Press through your heels to raise your body to standing. Reverse the movement and slowly lower down, tapping your glutes/bum on the end of the chair.
Avoid sitting down completely during each set. Also, be mindful not to round your back as you move through each repetition.
Want to challenge yourself ?
Hold a weight in both hands.