Resistance Band Triceps Extensions are an upper body exercise that focus mainly on the triceps. There are many different kinds of triceps exercises that are great to use such as overhead triceps extensions or triceps kickbacks, but tricep extensions with the resistance band help to isolate the triceps muscle and avoid cheating with different areas of the body. You can perform resistance band triceps extensions at home, at the gym, or on the go!
Resistance Band Triceps Extensions are a unique way to build arm strength. Instead of picking up dumbbells or barbells, the band creates strength in a different way. The muscles work against the strength of the tight band rather than the weight of a dumbbell. It’s an excellent and effective way to use the band for strength!
Resistance Band Triceps Extensions and other resistance band moves can keep you training muscles while trying to rehab injuries or deal with other pain. Some people are unable to perform traditional triceps work with weights or triceps dips due to weak or sore wrists. The Resistance Band Triceps Extension lets you train your triceps effectively without your wrists bearing the extra weight of the dumbbell or barbell.
- Movement – Resistance Band Triceps Overhead Extensions
- Recommended Reps – 15 to 25 per set
- Number of Sets – 5
- Rest between sets – 60 Seconds
Body Parts Targeted
- Begin the movement by stepping on to a resistance band with your feet at shoulder-width, toes pointed slightly out.
- Push the handles of the band overhead while keeping a slight bend in the elbow. Brace your abdominals and do not arch your back.
- Slowly lower your hands behind your head using only the forearms. The upper arms ill stay in place with the elbow pointed up.
- Push the handles back up, focusing the tension in the triceps.
Why it’s effective
- Resistance Band Triceps Extensions are a strength training move. The fact that you are building muscle means you are becoming more efficient on a daily basis at burning calories.
- Resistance Band Triceps Extensions are an amazing exercise that will give you results on their own. However, you could also incorporate Resistance Band Tricep Extensions into other workouts to mix it up and add variety!